12 November 2017

Thank you - embossing and Perfect Pearls stamping


Can't ever have too many thank you cards on hand. I really love the Thank You background and this big scrolly Thank You. They work so well together. Enhanced by embossing and Perfect Pearls for a lovely Autumn coloured thank you.


Putting It Together

All the papers and the stamps are Stampin' Up retired products. 


I used Really Rust as the background paper. I prepped it with the powder tool before stamping with the sticky Perfect Medium (similar to Versamark).


I anchored the panel in the Misti with removable adhesive since the stamp covers it entirely.


Stamped with the sticky ink.


Using a coffee filter to catch any stray powder, I used Cappuccino and Copper Perfect Pearls on the sticky ink. It's kind of like embossing but without the heat or dimension and a lot more shimmery.


I used a Swiffer sheet to wipe away excess. A soft swipe or two takes off the loose powder and polishes the Perfect Pearls.


The brown and copper on the Rust looks amazing. It's softly shimmery in person. I matted it with the soft brown Close to Cocoa with a thin line showing.


I used Emerald Creek embossing powder because I love the Thanksgiving mix. It's a little glittery and with several Autumn colours.


Using a coffee filter while pouring embossing powder makes clean up simple.


After heat setting the embossing, I used the shape of the stamp to trace on the shape.


Fussy cutting on the line gives a nice margin for the stamping.


I put foam mounting tape on the bottom to pop it up from the background.


I decided to leave the inside blank so the thank you could be used for anything.



Supplies



Challenges

Simon Says Stamp Monday: Thanks/Thanksgiving

1 comment:

  1. This is such a fabulous Thank You card! I like how you've really utilized layering and have given it some POW and POP with that great embossed background. I also like the scroll-look of your sentiment and how that pairs with the background. Thank you for sharing your talents with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.