31 March 2017

Coffee


Waking up is so hard to do. And then there's the whole beauty regime.. sheesh.

Supplies


Putting It Together

Last weekend was the Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps Spring Krafty Krop (online). I wasn't able to spend much time with it because I was in the middle of a resin project and was taking video for it (yay! trying to to get to a point I can do videos for tutorials). But, the Krop goes on for the week with the games still open. So... For game #5, the challenge is a new stamp plus buttons. The Smart Assy 2 set is new to me, I've had it a couple weeks now and hadn't used it. I have buttons I made with left over resin from my project. This will work, says I. Then, when the project came together, it was perfect for a different Krafty Krop challenge, animal + twine. *laugh* I guess I'll be doing the new + button with a different stamp set. 


I stamped the image in pink, to do a "no lines" technique and die cut a long rectangle by first cutting with the die for height and then moving it over to cut and put the holes in on the other side. I used pink for the stamping because most of my image was going to be pink and so the stamp lines would be easier to fade into the "no lines".


I use Distress Inks and waterbrushes to colour, and I take notes on the ones I use. I also, after this picture was snapped, used Perfect Pearls pearl to add 'metallic' to the foil pieces on her hair. 


I used an Elizabeth Craft Designs embossing folder to make the background with Core'dinations cardstock.


The cool thing about this cardstock is that sanding the embossed panel exposes the lighter coloured core for a more bold look.


I dry fit the elements adding a square of Recollections scrapbooking paper as a splash of colour. This kitty begged to be on this card. The kitty was cast in a Cool Tools antique button mold with Resin Obsession Super Clear resin coloured with Pink Gold Pearl Ex. I liked this layout but something was missing, so I added pink C-lon cord and..


... that finished it perfectly. I adhered the coffee bean panel directly to the card base and used foam mounting tape to pop-up the girl and the splash of colour. The button is held on with a Glue Dot and is also holding the cord in place. 


Inside I used another stamp set to add a sentiment and decoration. 



Challenges

Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps Spring Krafty Krop: Game #2 - Animal plus twine
Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps Wonderful Wednesday: Anything Goes
Creative Moments: Spring Colours

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous card Rijacki!! I love the background embossed with a coffee bean folder! Thanks for joining our challenge this week with Kraftin Kimmie Stamps.
    Marilyn DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.