15 January 2017

Go Wild



Woohoo!!! It's finally here!!! The January Release is NOW available at Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps!!!

ALL of the SIX new clear stamp sets that we've been sharing all week are now up in the krafty shop and we're celebrating with a Krafty HOP! So grab a nice hot beverage, sit back and relax while you hop around and enjoy all the amazing creations from the Krafty Design Team and Guests!!

We have PARTY ANIMALS and PRETTY KITTIES by Cheryl Grant! TWO new sets from artist Annie Rodrigue, FANCY FRANCY and PARTY PEARL! A fluff new set by artist Emilie Goulet called BUDDY BEARS! And lastly is a very versatile new sentiment set called SINCERE THANKS!

You will get to see ALL of the new sets in action as you sit back and enjoy the hop! Then head on over to the krafty shop because they are ALL available NOW!

And if you HAVE to have it ALL, we also have our January Gimme Kimmies Kit which includes all SIX of the new sets together and at a discount! But only for a limited time and while supplies last!

Happy hoppin' and happy shoppin!!


My card is from the new Party Animals set. I decided to do a single layer water colour panel and mount it on a card base. I used resist and masking to allow be to have the image and background on the same panel.


I also added colour to the inside and a sentiment from the set.

Click HERE to go to the Comments or continue to see how I created the card.

Supplies


Putting It Together

This card started with a really fun stamp set.


The January release includes this very fun stamp set, Party Animals, by Cheryl Grant. I love the animals and turned them into plushies on the last card I made with the set.


I decided to use a mix of resist and masking for this card and do a single layer watercolour panel. I stamped the image with Versamark and embossed it with pearl.


I also stamped the image on typing paper and fussy cut it to be my mask. I put removable adhesive on the back to stick it to panel covering the image.


I currently have a limited number of Distress Stains, but these three look great together as an ombre. I smeared stain directly on the panel.


With a spray bottle, I added water to the panel.


I then used a dry towel to sponge up some of the water and colour.


After the first water treatment, the ombre effect is present. I love the way Distress blends.


Using a Mini Mister with Perfect Pearls Confetti White mixed with water, I sprayed the panel again for another water treatment and to add sparkle.


I used a brush to flick on Perfect Gold Perfect Pearls. I tapped off excess then lightly brushed the gold into the pane. I wafted the panel through a mist of sprayed water to set the Perfect Pearls.


The background finished.


I removed the mask to expose the image.A little bit of the background seeped under some of the edges.


I gave the inside of the card a variation on the background treatment. The card base is not watercolour card so I had to limit the amount of water.


Using wet techniques, I watercoloured the image with Distress Ink. I also added confetti drops, starting with the ones in the stamp, using Enamel Accents in the small selection of colours I have currently. I love the colours! On my note strip, you can also see where I experimented with the stain colours and squished off the first globs of the Enamel Accents (for nearly all, it was my first time using them).


I dry fit embellishments over the panel. Using a punch I made a tag for the sentiment. I also used two of the stains on the round tag to tie it in with the rest of the card. I stamped the sentiment in VersaMark and embossed it with purple. The blue twine from the KKS January Surprise kit fit perfectly.


The KKS January sketch was the inspiration behind adding the twin and sentiment tag.


I used foam mounting tape on the back of the panel to raise the panel and hide the clump of twine.


I used spiral paperclips from the KKS January Surprise kit to embellish the sentiment tag (and faux attach it to the card).


I stamped the inside with another sentiment from the set.




Challenges

Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps Saturday challenge: Anything Goes
Sieze the Birthday: Anything Goes
Through the Craftroom Door: Anything Goes
Penny's Paper-crafty: Anything Goes


4 comments:

  1. Such a clever creation! Thanks for the step by step instructions. I've not tried that technique before so it's lovely to see how it's done x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! Love how fun and colourful this card is. Thanks so much for playing along with Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh....so adorable! I love the technique you used here! It turned out so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty card. I love your colours and background. Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Hugs, Agnieszka DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.