12 November 2016

Birthday Diamond


Birthday wishes in a sparkly card.

Challenges

Sieze the Birthday: Stencils
The Crafter's Cafe: Black, Yellow, Green, Purple
Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge: Shine Bright Like a Diamond
Tuesday Throwdown: All About the Words
Crafting in a hotel room with limited supplies brought in luggage + a few papers/cardstocks bought at Joanns

Supplies


Putting It Together

I'm on vacation visiting family and making cards, in the hotel room, when we're not visiting. I brought along a selection of supplies but don't have anything for die cutting or heat embossing, both of which could have been very handy for this card.


I created the green panels a few weeks ago (but don't have pictures) and brought them along with me on the trip. I used a Heidi Swapp stencil with Perfect Medium...


...then brushed the panel with Grape Fizz Perfect Pearls. 


I stamped the large word "Wishes" on the white glitter sheet with Distress Ink.


Since the ink is a bit splotchy and very wet. I blotted it with a coffee filter.


This made the stamping more smooth but still wet.


Since I don't have a heat tool with me but wanted to set the ink, I thought of the hottest place that was handy, the power adapter for my over-sized gaming laptop. I left the panel there while I worked on other parts of the card.


I cut the stenciled panel into a square along with black glittered card. I dry fit the elements on a card base to see if it would work and needed more. 


Once the Wishes was fully dry, I fussy cut the word with a bit of a border. 


I dry fit again with the addition of a purple background panel and trimmed top and bottom.


I stamped Birthday in black.


The black/stenciled panel and the word, Wishes, are popped up with foam mounting tape. I also added 3 green rhinestones to the card. I left the interior blank for personal messages.


3 comments:

  1. This is a lovely card and I love the shimmer. Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.

    Cathie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the card and all the sparklies. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty with the added sparkle! Thanks for joining in at Mod Squad

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.