27 October 2016

Owl-oween!


Once more I feature these adorable little owls and the kitty celebrating my favourite holiday of the year, Owl-oween!!  err Halloween *grin*

Challenges

Your Next Stamp: Sketch or Colours
Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps: Halloween
Fab 'n' Funky: Halloween
The Crafty Addicts: Halloween Colours
Creative Moments: Spooktacular

Supplies




Putting It All Together

This card features adorable stamps and a lot of watercolouring. 


The layout is inspired by a challenge sketch. I kept pretty literal to the sketch this time.


Since the challenge layout has for equal squares, for all but one of the images, I cut 2" x 2" squares before painting. For the Owl-witch I cut her a rectangle 2" high so I could paint her with the broom and trim it after.


I watercoloured the images with Distress Ink (listed in the supplies). I accented their eyes with Liquid Pearls in Onyx and Chocolate depending on the image. I also added a touch of Perfect Pearls to each: copper for the pumpkin, gold for the trick or treater's candy and pumpkin, pearl for the cape of the wampyre's cape, and grape for the witch's hat. Each tile is popped-up with foam mounting tape without any matting to give them dimension and a bit of a ceramic tile effect. The sentiment has a double layer of the foam tape on the card and one on the tile to keep it above the tiles. 


The young trick or treater with a yummy orange lolly is collecting his candies.


The wampyre is the darkest of the group with his red lined cape.


The good witch is riding her broom in the sky.


My black kitty, Scout, watches from behind a pumpkin. He just wants to be friends.


I also added a sentiment to the inside.



Since I am a bit short on showing technique this post, let me distract you with my real kitty, Scout:


He likes to go on walks with his harness and leash. He likes going to the park and other places and wants to make friends with doggies, though he really wants to meet the birds.


He is a deaf kitty we got as a rescue a year and a half ago.



We love him to pieces. He is so spoiled.


He really likes it when I get new packages of stamps and other crafty things. He's convinced they're his.


7 comments:

  1. These images are all adorable - but I really love that kitty peeping out from behind the pumpkin. Thank you for joining us at Fab'n Funky.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, love the sketch, it's really fun!
    Thank you so much for joining our challenge at Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A-owl these guys are cute! The ones on the card and in your yard! So cute that he likes to craft with you.
    Thanks for joining in the fun at YNS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love this design. Gorgeous Cat. Thanks for joining us at Fab N Funky xx Jan DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super card, those little creatures are as cute as can be! I love that your cat walks on a leash. I had ONE cat ever that would tolerate that, and that was only sometimes...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab card, love the images! Thanks so much for sharing with us over at Crafty Addicts!
    Hugs Donna (DT)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your card! Thanks for joining us for our Creative Moments Challenge
    We look forward to seeing you again next time.
    Hugs,
    creativEle DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.