02 October 2016

Christmas Joy


A simple card with a lovely wish. The scene is from Sugar Plum pad from My Mind's Eye.

Challenges

Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge: Powder Power
Freshly Made Sketches: Sketch
The Colour Throwdown: medium blue, grassy green, coral, and hot pink
Penny's Paper Crafty challenge: Winter/Christmas
Southern Girls: Pastels
The Crafters Cafe: Pink
Creative With Stamps: Sentiment
Inspiration Destination: Anything Goes
Creative Craft Cottage: Anything Goes
Crafty Gals Corner: Anything Goes

Supplies


Putting It Together

My desk got to that level of creative mess that I needed to spend some time this morning cleaning it. While tidying and organising (and recovering table space!), I ran into a piece left over from a card a made a few weeks ago, A lovely snowy village scene.
It set the wheels a whirling in my head which was already pondering a sketch layout from Freshly Made Sketches.


I cut down the scene piece to a tag-like panel. I silver embossed a Kaisercraft sentiment that matched the mood of the piece and matted it with green glitter card stock. I had also lightly blended Tumble Glass to the edges of the scene.


I also embossed a snowflake button with sparkly white powder. I used tweezers to hold the button while I squished it on the Versamark pad, into the embossing powder, and then while heating it up to melt the embossing.


I mounted the tag panel on a background also from the Sugar Plum pad. I added pink cord to the button and a pink sheer ribbon.


13 comments:

  1. What a wonderful use of patterned paper - it works perfectly! Love the hint of green glitter and the snowflake accent. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Christmas card and lovely sentiment! Thanks for playing along with us at Creative With Stamps challenge this month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very beautiful! It's a wonderful Christmas card! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Gals Corner! I hope to see you again next week! Jeanie, DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful Christmas card. I love the scene and the sentiment. Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice this christmascard.
    Thanks for playing with us at Inspiration Destination Good luck!! Michelle(DT)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card. Thank you for joining us at Creative Craft Cottage challenge and good luck
    Anneke DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simple but elegant. Love the colour combo.
    Thanks for joining us this week at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge. Cara DT x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty Christmas card. Thanks for joining us at The Crafter's Cafe this fortnight for our "Use Lots of Pink" challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a pretty Christmas card!! Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a pretty soft card. I love the the way you have put this together. Its really gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at Southern Girls.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A lovely Christmas card. Such soft colours. Thanks for sharing with us at Southern Girls Challenges, we hope you will join us again soon. Meighan DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card - love the little sparkling snowflake :)
    Thanks for joining our challenge at "Creative with Stamps",
    Eunice (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great used of the sketch
    I love the scene on it and the big sentiment is adorable too
    great made
    Many thanks for joining with us at Creative with Stamps this month.
    Hugs
    Monika (Co-Creator)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.