13 September 2016

What a Snore!


This tongue-in-cheek (but totally true) card features elements from four Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps sets and a sentiment from Riley & Company's Funny Bone stamps as well as a "no lines" technique for colouring.

"Why is it that the people who snore the loudest are the first ones to fall asleep?"


"I love you more than coffee, but please done make me prove it!"

I am so very glad my sweetie got apnea surgery and uses a C-pap. His snoring truly was epic and now he breathes so much better while he sleeps. It's been an improvement on both our health since we can both sleep more *laugh*

Challenges

Kraftin' Kimmie Wonderful Wednesday: Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge: Stamp It

Supplies

Putting It Together

I've had the Funny Bones stamp about snoring for a while. I got it on clearance at a local shop and got it because it is so true. My sweetie snores and falls asleep before I do unless I go to bed before he does. His snoring used to be epic, truly truly epic. He has since gotten the surgery and uses a c-pap which is so much better for his sleeping and my sleep deprivation *laugh*



I decided to try the "no lines" technique with this card so I could keep the colours lighter and not have any black lines in the image to muddle the text of the stamp which I wanted to have crossing over the image on a single layer card.

To do 'no lines' colouring, the image is stamped in a light colour that won't show (or show much) when the image is painted. I used Desert Sand from Memento since I would be watercolouring. I cut a heavy weight watercolour card stock to the dimensions for a topopening card and used the Misti to line up the stamping.


My colouring medium of choice is Distress Ink with a waterbrush. I smush the ink on to my plastic work surface and then pick it up with the brush to paint.

For her face I used Antique Linen, Tattered Rose, and Victorian Velvet.


I decided I wanted dark blond with reddish highlights for her hair: Scattered Straw, Fossil Amber, and Tea Dye. The coffee is, appropriately, Ground Espresso.

I wanted to keep her robe a light colour but still with some panache so I chose Tumbled Glass and Broken China with trim of Milled Lavender and Dusty Concord. Her cup is Weathered Wood and Stormy Sky.
The sentiment is stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black. I love how crisply this stamp impression is. I did double stamp it with the Misti. I love love love my Misti.


Inside, I found the perfect complimenting sentiment on the "I {Heart} Coffee!" set. I added a simple line impression in Memento Rhubarb Stalk, the cup and heart from "One Cup At a Time" and the heart-y steam from"Love Chemistry".


1 comment:

  1. Fabulous card, what a great job with the image.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.