15 August 2016

Speedy


The first time I saw this stamp, he sped into my heart but I haven't had a chance to make him into a card until now. Roller blading tortoise, speeding along, the thought makes me chuckle. I thought he would be perfect for a masculine or gender neutral card.

Challeges

Simon Says Stamp 15 Aug Monday challenge: Summer Fun
Simon Says Stamp 10 Aug Wednesday challenge: Go Wild
Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps 13 Aug Saturday challenge: Anything Goes
+ Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps August sketch
Addicted to Stamps and More: Anything Goes
The Colour Throwdown: #405 Aqua, Green, Yellow
Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps 3 Aug Monday challenge: Anything Goes
Creative Craft Cottage: For Men and Boys
Simon Says Stamp blog Work It Wednesday: Peridot

Supplies


Putting It Together

Speedy is a long discontinued stamp from Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps by the artist Emile Goulet who still makes excellent sets for KKS.


I stamped him on to Canson XL watercolour card stock with Memento Tuxedo Black...


... and painted him with Distress Ink in a variety of greens, a little brown, and then blue and yellow for his roller blading outfit with red wheels. Zoom!

I then cropped him to a small square (and later cropped him just a small bit more).


I did a dry fitting of the elements I decided to use. I stamped the sentiment on natural cotton ribbon from Stampin' Up. I used two sentiments from Steampunk Sentiments that felt like they matched Speedy. The sentiment is stamped with Colourbox Evergreen.

The big button is a resin button I made at a month or so ago with clear resin and transparent green pigment. I have a bunch of buttons I've cast with epoxy resin that I can use on cards or other projects.



While working on the layout, I also decided to use the August Sketch for Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps.


Because I wanted the ribbon and cord to go around all of the panels, I had to assemble my stack. I used foam mounting tape on both Speedy's panel and the patterned paper and stacked them on the blue.


I wrapped the ribbon around the whole stack and used washi tape to hold it in place.


After threading the cord through the button, I also wrapped it around the panel stack and used washi to hold it. I put foam mounting tape on the blue panel. The foam tape also holds the ribbon and cord in permanent place.


I love how the Doodlebug paper from Anchors Aweigh ties into the colours I used on Speedy. I chose the paper after I had painted him so it was a surprise how well it fit. The base is Not Quite Navy a retired cardstock from Stampin' Up that I turn to a lot as a back matte.


Life is a Journey. Going my way?

7 comments:

  1. OMGosh! How cute is this roller skating turtle!!! Great card! Thanks for playing along with The Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too fun! Love how you colored the image. Thanks for joining us at The Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful male card Rijacki, the image is so cute and funny. love how you created your background design. Thank you for sharing with us at Creative Craft Cottage and good luck in the draw. We would love to see you back with us again soon. Jennifer DT member x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a totally adorable card! Tortoise in wheels - how fun! Thanks for joining us at ATSM.
    x Asha

    ReplyDelete
  5. your card is adorable...love your turtle beautifully coloured with Distress inks...thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge...have a great weekend...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! Thank you for joining us at Creative Craft Cottage. Cindy (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so funny. Lovely turtle and great coloring. Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Marzena

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.